Skip to main content

Shine

When I hear the word confidence a million thoughts begin to race through my mind. It isn't hard to look at someone and know whether or not they are confident but what actually goes into that? What is it that we see in that person? I started the Confident Woman Devotional to try and learn more about what God views as a confident woman and how his daughters should live their lives in confidence. A lot of the issues that I read about are rooted in fear. Fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of acceptance or approval. But we are reminded in Joshua 1:9 that God is with us wherever we go, so why are we constantly afraid? We each have gifts and talents but we must be willing to take a risk sometimes in order to use them. You rob yourself of what you can do in your life and the lives of others by simply being afraid. It won't always be perfect or go the way you planned but that is okay.  We aren't guaranteed that there won't be struggles along the way but we are guaranteed that He is with us every step of the way. Fearful, under-confident people are constantly rejecting themselves, rather than accepting the person God intended them to be. There are a thousand different things you can do to become more confident, but if you don't accept yourself will you really be confident? 

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Road Ahead

Today marks the start of week 3 of dad's treatments. To say this process has been difficult is an understatement. Having to watch someone you love be so exhausted and defeated is a gut wrenching feeling; however, we try to celebrate the good days and persevere through the bad. Dad is already starting to lose the taste of everything and his throat has become very sore. We weren't expecting to see these effects so suddenly so that makes me nervous for the remainder of treatment. Today he got his second round of chemo but that came with a slight challenge. His kidneys weren't able to tolerate the medication that is preferred so we had to switch to something different. We will continue to believe in good outcomes despite this setback. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for our family. Your prayers are felt every day. Please continue to pray for healing and strength as we continue through this journey, as it will continue to get worse before it gets better. Psalm ...

BBFD - A Chapter Closed

Today marks the end of one my greatest chapters here at Auburn. I think back to this time a year ago and I am so thankful that God gave me this opportunity. I am thankful for the people that encouraged me and supported me every step of the way. I have developed a love and a passion for this organization and the issue of food insecurity. I have made so many friendships and memories along the way and I will forever cherish each of them. I have been challenged in ways I never thought possible and I have grown so much because of it. I am so appreciative of my parents, advisors, fellow exec members, and staff members for all of their hard work during this entire process. Thank you for never giving up and always putting a smile on my face. I am so proud of each of you and I know you will all do great things here at Auburn and later in life. Numbers are not what this is all about. This organization is about fighting hunger and feeding those in need in our community and we accomplished that. T...

Grace

Wow, where do I even begin? So much has happened over the last couple of months and to say that I have been tested is an understatement. Trying to juggle school, food drive, pageant preparation, among other things has been a true testament of my faith. However, at the end of the day I am always reminded of God's grace and know that He has a plan.  Hunger is a very prominent issue in my community, our state, our country, and our world. A lot of us don't really think about this, but I have grown more and more passionate about the issue while serving on the Beat Bama Food Drive. Many children in our area eat at school on Friday and don't eat another meal until they return to school on Monday. I can't even fathom what it is like to have to like that. Our goal this year is to raise 315,000 pounds of food for the East Alabama Food Bank. If every student at Auburn University donated $6.18 our goal would be meet. This is such a minuscule amount when you look at the big pictur...